Learning Oracle 12c: A PL/SQL Approach
is an example-based textbook written to cater to
the needs of the students and the professional developers who want to develop database
management applications using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL. The chapters in this textbook are
structured in a pedagogical sequence, which makes the learning process very simple and
effective for both the novice as well as the advanced users of Oracle. In addition, the book
follows the PL/SQL approach that will help you develop database applications with improved
performance. A wide range of features of SQL and PL/SQL such as data manipulation and
transaction, built-in functions, exception handling in PL/SQL, cursors and triggers,
subprograms, and so on have been covered in the textbook that will enable the readers to take full
advantage of this cutting-edge technology.
It is a comprehensive textbook with rich information about Oracle and is written in an easy to-
read format supported by hints and illustrations. The highlight of the textbook is that
each concept introduced in it is explained with the help of suitable examples to clarify
concepts and facilitate better understanding. The simple and lucid language used in the
textbook makes it a ready reference for both the beginners and the intermediate users.
- Consists of 12 chapters which introduce the key ideas of the Oracle SQL and PL/SQL in an innovative way.
- The concepts are illustrated through best programming examples, covering the basic as well as advanced concepts of Oracle.
- The first page of every chapter summarizes the topics that are covered in it.
- Each concept introduced has been explained with the help of examples, thus making it an ideal guide for the beginners as well as experienced users.
- Additional information is provided throughout the book in the form of tips and notes.
- Self-Evaluation Test and Review Questions are given at the end of each chapter so that the users can assess their knowledge.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to Oracle Database
Chapter 2: Introduction to SQL *Plus
Chapter 3: Retrieving Data in SQL
Chapter 4: Data Manipulation and Transaction
Chapter 5: Creating & Managing Schema Objects
Chapter 6: Built-in Functions in Oracle
Chapter 7: Introduction to PL/SQL
Chapter 8: Exception Handling in PL/SQL
Chapter 9: Cursors and Triggers
Chapter 10: PL/SQL Subprograms
Chapter 11: PL/SQL Packages
Chapter 12: Oracle Database Security
Teaching and Learning Resources
CADCIM Technologies provides the following free teaching and learning resources with this textbook:
- Technical support by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- All programs used in examples
- Customizable PowerPoint Presentations of every chapter (For faculty only)
- Instructor's Guide with solutions to all review questions and exercises (For faculty only)